Sawan is one the most holiest month of the year
Sawan – is considered the holiest month of the year. It is the first and most propitious month of Chatur Mas, the four holiest months in the Hindu Calender Almost all the days of sawan month are considered holy and happy. The month of Sawan derives its name from the star sawan that rules the sky on Poornima.
The sawan month signs the blessings of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu. This month is beneficial for those who believe in the honour of Lord Shiva. It is believed that worshiping Lord Shiva during Sawan month is considered more powerful than worshiping during normal days. Sawan is one the most holiest month of the year ,Each day of sawan is regarded as very holy and special prayers and rituals are performed at Lord Shiva Temples. Each Monday of this month, known as sawan somavar is a special day in Shiva temples where we do abhishek of shiva with raw milk. We do worship of shiva with Bel leaves and flowers and fast till sunset. Apart from Monday women keep fasts on Tuesdays and Fridays of the month too.
Sawan is a month of fasting, worshipping, praying and performing Abhishek to gain peace, health, happiness, wealth. Some Shiva followers observe strict fast for the entire month of sawan , while others observe fasting on Mondays.
- During the Sawan month, it is believed that worshipping Lord Shiva is 108 times more powerful than worshipping during normal days.
- Monsoon is at its peak during Sawan. The fourth Monday that comes during Sawan is considered to be very promising success.
- Some people observe the vrat for the entire month called as Sawan Shiva vrat, whereas some do it on Mondays and it is called the Sawan Somvar vrat.
- People who follow Sawan month have their own belief to keep the fast. Some fast for long life, happy married life or happiness of their children. Unmarried girls keeps the fast and worshipping the lord Shiva to get good life partner. It is believed that fasting during Sawn and worshipping Lord Shiva helps with wealth, luxury and increase in generation.
- During the Sawan month, Sawan is one the most holiest month of the year people offer Bel patra to Lord Shiva. There is a belief that offering a Bel Patra during worship to Lord Shiva s equal to any pilgrimage visit.
- Some people who fast during the entire month of Sawan eat simple foods like sabudana or fruits. Those who religiously devotee the Sawan Shiva vrat have only one meal a day in the entire month. On these days people do not adding salt in the food when they are fasting.
- Even scientifically, fasting during Sawan month is considered healthy. Apparently, the whole month it rains, so we also called it rainy month. Majority of the Hindus follow a strict vegetarian diet during Sawan month.
Teej refers to the monsoon festivals. And it is also comes in sawan month, Sawan is one the most holiest month of the year. The festivals celebrate the generosity of nature, arrival of clouds and rain, rituals and customs. This festival for women, include dancing, singing, getting together with friends and telling stories, dressing up with henna-coloured hands and feet, wearing red, green or yellow clothes, sharing festive foods, and playing under trees on swings on Haryali Teej. We also called it colorful festival.
Rakha Bandan: This festival is considered as a one of the most famous and bond of love and respect between brother and sister. Raksha Bandhan (also Rakhi Purnima, Rakhi festival) is an ancient Indian festival.
The sister ties a thread (known as Rakhi) on the wrist of his brother and marks a tilak on his forehead. The brother promises to always protect his sister. Brothers also brings the gilft for their sisters. This pious festival is also celebrate in Sawan holy month.
Women and girls also prepare delicious food and sweets for their brothers. And sisters prays for success, safety and well being for her brother.
Krishna Janmashtami also known simply as Janmashtami or Gokulashtami, is an annual Hindu festival that celebrates the birth of Krishna, the eighth avtar of Vishnu Hindus celebrate Janmashtami by fasting, singing, praying together, preparing and sharing special food, and visiting Krishna or Vishnu temples. Many communities organize dance-drama events called Krishna Lila. This festival comes in sawan (August and September). Krishna was the eighth son of Devaki and Vasudeva.
Meanwhile, the Kanwar yatra also begins during the Sawan month Sawan is one the most holiest month of the year. The Kānvar (or Kānwar/ Kavad) Yātrā is an annual pilgrimage of devotees of Shiva, known as Kānvarias “Bhole” to Hindu pilgrimage places of Haridwar , Gaumukh and Gangotri in Uttarakhand and Sultanganj in Bihar to fetch holy waters of Ganges River.
Police clears the road for kanwar. The Yatra begins on Maha Shivratri, which will this year be observed.