How do we celebrate Christmas in India – India is a multicultural country, so all the festivals are celebrated here with lots of joy and happiness. The popular festivals celebrated in India are Diwali, Holi, Dussehra and Eid but India is home for Christians also. Who, along with the rest of the country, celebrate Christmas with their own rituals and traditions.
Christmas celebration 2018 how to celebrate Christmas in India wishes quotes messages sms greetings images & wallpapers merry Christmas
Christmas Celebration in India
The population of India is over 1 Billion and there are over 25 million Christians in India! The largest Indian Christian Community is in Mumbai city. A lot of the Christians in Mumbai are Roman Catholics. In the smallest state of India, Goa, about 26% of people are Christians. Many of the Christians in Mumbai came from Goa.
In South India, Christians put small oil burning clay lamps on the flat roofs of their homes to show their neighbors that Jesus is the light of the world. Instead of having traditional Christmas tree, people decorate either a banana or a mango tree. Sometimes people use mango leaves to decorate their homes.
Christmas Wishes & Greetings
- Count your blessings, sing your Christmas carols, open your gifts, and make a wish under the Christmas tree. May you have a Merry Christmas!
- Forget your problems, forget stress – grab a drink and spread the Holiday cheers!
- This is the time of year we reflect on how lucky and blessed we are. I hope you find yourself happy, content, and reveling in the beauty of this Happy Christmas.
- Open the door and let them in, over the Christmas feast let the brightest smiles to be seen!
- Sing a song that brings back memories from childhood Christmases. The spirit will be lifted along with the melody.
- Read a favorite story to relive the enchanted worlds that Christmas has given birth to, whether it be ‘A Christmas Carol’ or ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas’. Enjoy the Christmas dreams.